Where to find NComputing's Linux software for X350/X550, X300, and L130/L230 Products
- X350 and X550 products are supported on Ubuntu 10.04 and Ubuntu 8.04 and an installation package and user guide can be downloaded from the Software Download Center located at: www.ncomputing.com/softwaredownload
- L130/L230 products are supported on Ubuntu 8.10 with software, release notes and install guide available from the Software Download Center located at: www.ncomputing.com/softwaredownload
- X300 kits can run on Ubuntu 7.04 with software available from the Limited Edition Linux Software download site found at: http://ncomputing.prefinery.com/betas/32
The Limited Edition Linux software download site for the X300 employs a registration process requiring approval before any software can be downloaded. Please read the instructions posted on the site's landing page and below to ensure your request for the software can be processed quickly.
Limited Edition software download and registration process:
- Go to: http://ncomputing.prefinery.com/betas/32
- Click on the welcome page's "APPLY button".
- Fill the required information into the form and click "Apply ".
- You will be redirected to the site quot;Sign in quot; page where you must type in the email address and password entered on the apply-form.
- You're now directed back to the original Welcome - Login/Apply page where quot;Your application is complete and is now pending approval by NComputing message is displayed.
- WAIT FOR THE RETURNED EMAIL: You CANNOT login until your application is reviewed and approved by a program manager at NComputing; so, you must wait to receive a response email from "firstname.lastname@example.org". (Please be sure that email doesn't get directed to your SPAM or JUNK email folder.) The response email will be sent within 5 working days to the email address you supplied at registration.
- If you receive an approval email, you must then click on the secure web link inside the email to successfully login - then you can proceed to download the Linux code (note: prior to your first download, you will need to fill out a very short survey).
Remember: ONLY AFTER receiving the approval email, can you actually login to the site and download software. This round-trip email approval process ensures your registered email address was typed correctly.