Product registration is required for every NComputing Access Device and vSpace Host in order to enable normal product use, as well as perform software updates. Prior to registering, client sessions will time out after one hour and if a device or server is left unregistered for 30 days or longer, they will be unable to connect at all. When registering the software, all associated access devices should be connected to the host PC and have an active or pending Windows session. The registration process will vary slightly depending on which product is being used; for screenshots and more specific instructions, please see the User Guide for your product.
This guide has been confirmed as a possible solution for the following symptoms:
- Client Session Disconnects After 1 Hour
- Client Hangs (Freezes) During Connection
To initiate the registration process, please do the following:
- Open the Start Menu
- Navigate to All Programs > NComputing vSpace
- Select “vSpace Registration”
- Note: You can cancel the registration process at any time by clicking the “Cancel” button. Additionally, the “Back” button can be used to return to a previous step of the wizard, if you wish to make any changes.
- At the registration program “welcome” screen, click the "Next" button to proceed. If vSpace password protection is turned on, you will be required to enter your password.
- Next, you are presented with the vSpace End User License Agreement (EULA). If you agree, click in the “I agree” check box, and then click the “Next” button.
- To register your software and access devices, leave the “Register” radio button selected and click “Next.”
- At the "Customer Data" screen, if the data fields are not already populated, fill in all requested information. Once all data has been entered, click on the "Next" button.
- Note: The Phone and Fax numbers must be entered without dashes or parentheses
For online registrations, follow the instructions below. Online registration requires open communication through network port 3630, and may be blocked by network firewalls. To register via e-mail instead, skip to the section titled “Offline Registration.”
1. At the Registration Type screen, select “Register online, using your internet connection” and click “Next.”
o Note: If you use a Proxy Server for internet connectivity, enter the Proxy connection data here.
2. The registration wizard will then show you a list of all unregistered access devices that are currently connected to this vSpace host. If a device is not shown in this list, it will not be registered.
3. Before communicating with the registration server, the registration wizard will display a summary screen containing the specified registration data. If the data is correct, click on the “Register” button to initiate the registration, otherwise click “Back” to change any of the information.
4. When the registration is complete, the “Registration results” screen appears with the results. Click “Next” and then “Finish” to complete the registration process. The devices are now registered and ready for continuous use.
For offline registrations, follow the instructions below. If you have completed the online registration section and received the license file from NComputing, skip to “Complete the Offline Registration Process”.
8. At the Registration Type screen, select the “Create off line registration file” option and click “Next.”
9. The registration wizard will then show you a list of all unregistered access devices that are currently connected to this vSpace host. If a device is not shown in this list, it will not be registered.
10. Next, select a file location to store the registration data file. This file should be kept accessible, as it will need to be e-mailed as an attachment to NComputing. Click on the “Select” button to navigate to the directory where the offline registration data file will be stored.
o Note: Do not alter this file in any way. The data inside is encrypted and must not be modified.
11. Before writing the data file, the registration wizard will display a summary screen containing the specified registration data. If the data is correct, click on the “Register” button to generate the file, otherwise click “Back” to change any of the information.
Next, send the created file as an attachment to email@example.com
. If an e-mail provider is not accessible, the file may be transferred via thumb drive or network file transfer to another computer.
o Note: For x300 products using NCX-2000-XP software, please send the registration file to firstname.lastname@example.org for manual processing.
13. The NComputing automated registration server should respond to your e-mail with a license file within 5 minutes. See “Completing the Offline Registration Process” after receiving the license file.
Completing the Offline Registration Process
14. After receiving the license file, save it in a convenient disk location and launch the Registration Wizard
15. Select the “Complete offline registration by using activation file” option and click “Next”
16. Navigate to the disk directory where you have stored the returned license/activation file and click “Open” once you have located the correct license file. Then click “Next” to load the license file and apply it to the vSpace host system.
17. After the offline file is loaded, the “Registration Results” screen will appear. Click the “Next” button to complete the offline registration process. The devices are now registered and ready for continuous use.
Get Additional Licenses
This option is reserved for inputting special license keys, and should not be used unless otherwise directed.
Online Registration Errors
- Network Error Code 10014 / 10054
This error indicates that the online registration utility was unable to establish a connection with NComputing’s registration server. This can be caused by a firewall, internet outage, or proxy server interrupting communication. For firewall configuration, make sure that TCP Ports 3630 and 21 are open to the server at register.ncomputing.com. This may be necessary to configure on both your hardware and software firewalls. For proxy configuration, click the “Back” button on the registration utility until you arrive at the Registration Type screen, where you can enter proxy information. After entering the information, continue through the registration utility and retry the server connection.
- Error -47 / Error -22
This error indicates that the registration data was received successfully, but a problem has been detected with the information itself. As the error occurs within the registration server, please contact NComputing technical support for assistance.
- Wrong Input File
When attempting to input the Offline Registration’s “.lic” file, you may encounter this error. The error indicates that the .lic file has been corrupted or otherwise modified in transit, and is no longer usable. If the file was modified after being downloaded, it is a simple matter of re-downloading the file and leaving it intact up to the point of Registration. If the file was otherwise corrupted, such as by an in-line e-mail scanner, you may need to resend the original registration file, from a different e-mail account, and wait for a replacement .lic file.
- “A problem was encountered… No registration file was attached.”
This error indicates that an e-mail was sent to email@example.com with no attachments. To initiate the offline registration process, you must send the generated registration file to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment.
- “A problem was encountered… The attached file(s) are not formatted properly…”
This error indicates that the registration file received by our server at email@example.com was the wrong file type, modified before sending, or corrupted in transit. The default filename for registration files always begins with “RGF”, and the filetype is always plaintext (.txt). Do not alter any part of the registration file, except for the filename. If the issue persists, try sending the registration file from a different e-mail address, such as a personal webmail account.
Registering your vSpace host and all associated access devices will help ensure continued, stable operation of your NComputing deployment. If you are unable to perform registration for any reason, please contact NComputing technical support (http://www.ncomputing.com/techsupport).